Hello, 5L Families!
I truly value the importance of a strong home and school connection. Together, we can support your child's learning!
Did you know?
Effective parent-teacher communication can...
- Increase student academic achievement
- Increase student motivation for learning
- Improve student behavior
- Result in regular attendance
- Develop a positive attitude towards homework and school
(American Federation of Teachers, 2007)
*Please complete the Family Questionnaire that was sent home with your child on the first day of school. This helps me learn more about your family, understand the goals you have for your child this year, and develop a plan for supporting your child to reach success!
How can I keep up with my child's progress?
- ClassDojo: You will receive daily notifications regarding your child's behavior in the classroom. Please download the ClassDojo app, select "Parent", and enter the code: PXZRL3FG8.
- Progress reports: You will receive a grade-level standards-based progress report each trimester.
- Parent-teacher conferences: Conferences are scheduled twice a year in November and in March. You will sign up for your preferred conference time at Back to School Night. You can always request an additional conference.
How can I stay involved in my child's learning?
- Classroom blog: Please visit the "Blog" tab to read about and see photographs of the learning going on in our classroom.
- Agenda book: Please check your child's agenda book nightly. There, you will find your child's homework assignments each night and any other important due dates.
- Talk with your child: Please ask your child about what they are learning about in class. Encourage your child to continue that learning outside of the classroom.
- Lower Gwynedd Elementary School Website
- Fifth Grade School Supply List
- 2019-2020 Encore Rotation Calendar
- Lunch Menu
- My School Bucks (Lunch Money)
*Are you looking for books that will engage your child in reading at home? Please check out this Fifth Grade Reading List for some ideas!
*Do you have a job or passion that might also inspire the students in 5L? Please reach out to me to schedule a time to visit our classroom!
Please never hesitate to reach out about any questions or concerns. Visit the "Contact Me" tab to easily find my contact information.
*Please check this section of the website regularly.